Once you have decided to buy a sword or fitting, please follow the steps outlined below.
- Notify me by email, identifying the item or items you wish to purchase by the item #.
- I will email you back after I confirm it is still available, and to let you know that I am putting it on hold for you.
- Include your name, and mailing address, as well as any special mailing instructions, so I can do my part to make sure your item is sent the way you want it sent.
Please Note: All inquiries and questions need to be emailed to me through the contact page on this website. I will not discuss business specifics by phone, as I want us both to have emails to refer to for clarification at any time. The shipping cost I quote by email, will be added to the listed price to determine the total amount due.
I accept payment by Cash, Direct Wire Transfer to my account, Money Orders, Cashier's Checks, or Personal Checks.
Checks must be received within 7 days of notification of intent to purchase.
Items paid for by Personal checks will not be shipped until check has cleared, so plan on up to two weeks after I receive the check.
Accepted Payment methods:
This is the quickest and most convenient way of making payment, especially if you are located outside the USA.
- If you want to pay by wire transfer. Send an email saying that you want to pay by wire transfer. I will email you my bank information.
- It can take from a few hours to a few days to receive a wire payment to my bank account.
- Your parcel will be shipped out ship out either the same day, or the next business day after payment is cleared.
- Shipping all over the world is no problem but please remember to give me any special instructions by email before I ship, or you will have to deal with the consequences.
- Please make checks/money orders payable to me: "Christian Chaffee"
- All money orders, cashier's check, and personal checks are held until they clear my bank. Once a payment clears, your parcel will be shipped in 24 to 48 hours, and you will be notified by email with your tracking number.
I offer a 3 day, "no questions asked" inspection period for all swords and fittings.
If the item is not to your satisfaction, I will refund your money less 5% of the purchase price. You will be responsible for all shipping costs when returning an item.
The 3 day inspection period starts at the the time and date you have signed for the parcel. If you do not notify me that you want to return the item within the 3 day inspection period, the sale will be considered final.
If you decide you want to return the item, you must send me an email within the inspection period.
All sales are final after the 3 day inspection period.
Returned items must be shipped back to me within 24 hours of notification that you will be returning an item.
Items must be returned in the same condition as when sent, or a refund will not be issued.
If your item arrives damaged, it will be the responsibility of the shipper, and you will be required to make a claim for re-reimbursement.
I will not refund money for any item which is damaged by the shipper under any circumstances. This is what insurance is for.
You are required to insure all items for full value when sending to me. You are responsible for items while it is in transit, and until I have received them back, and confirmed that it is in the same condition as when sent.
Refunds will be mailed out by certified check with in 24 hours of receipt of parcel, unless it falls on a weekend, in which case, mailing will be done on the next business day.
Shipping & Handling:
For most orders, I will ship by USPS Express Mail or Priority Mail. High value items will be shipped by registered mail. If you live in an area where insurance coverage is limited or unavailable, the risk is yours.
I have shipped swords and fittings to many countries around the world. Items must be insured for the full purchase price unless you send me an email accepting the liability and risk for possible loss or damage.
If an item is not insured for the full purchase price, (you) the buyer is held personally responsible for any loss or damage occurring during transit.
I am not responsible for customs and duty costs on international orders, so include the special instructions you need to mitigate your exposure to the risk from these costs and losses.
Due to the potential risk of fraud, I will not accept any form of revocable payment under any circumstances.. ever. If you want to buy an item from me, you're going to have to trust me. It's that simple, and there is no way around this.